How to Move Apps to SD card on Android :- Hello friends, welcome to another amazing article on our website. Phone or Internal storage plays an important role on every android phone. Nowadays, most of the android phones are being manufactured with 32GB internal memory. But still there are many budget android phones which come with 4GB or 8GB of phone memory. The users of such low internal storage phones need more room to keep their favorite apps, games, songs, videos and photos. So the users need to know how to move apps to sd card on android.
Thankfully, most of the android phones support micro SD cards by which you can expand your internal memory. You can get memory card of 16GB or 32GB or even more with a very low price. As a result, low phone memory will no longer be a problem for android users.
Before proceeding, let’s check the advantages and disadvantages of moving apps to SD card.
Advantages of Moving Apps to SD Card :
1. Your internal memory will be increased to keep more apps.
2. This is inexpensive than buying a higher internal storage device.
3. Both apps and games can be moved to SD card.
4. Have some phone memory free to keep the phone from hanging and lagging.
5. This process is very easy and risk free.
6. If your phone is rooted, you can use some part of SD card as internal memory.
Feel free to check :- How to Transfer All Data from your Old Smartphone to New Smartphone Easily
Disadvantages of Moving Apps to SD Card :
1. Some pre installed apps can’t be moved to SD card without rooting.
2. The apps which need continuous synchronization may not function properly.
3. You need to move the app to SD card every time you update the app.
4. If you remove your SD card for some reason, you will not be to able to access the apps in it.
5. You can’t move the whole data of an app to SD card.
6. Not all the devices support this functionality.
How Do I Move Apps to my SD Card :
2. Then swipe down to Applications or Application Manager and tap on it. This option might be slightly different depending upon the brand and model of your phone. For example: if you are using a Samsung android phone, you need to select Applications first then Application Manager.
7. This process may take a few minutes to move the apps to SD Card.
8. Once your app moved successfully to SD Card, you will see the option of “Move to Phone Storage” in place of “Move to SD Card”.
Must Check :- How to Transfer Data from Internal Memory to SD Card
Best App to Move Apps to SD Card :
There are many third party apps available on play store to move your app to SD Card with less effort. You can try the below apps, if you like.
1. AppMgr III (App 2 SD, Hide and Freeze apps)
Key Features :
1. Uninstall your apps directly from this app.
2. Move your apps to external storage.
3. You will get notification when a movable app installed.
4. You can hide apps from app drawer.
5. Freeze the apps that run on background.
6. Clear all cache with one tap.
7. You can clear apps cache or data.
8. Sort apps by time, size or name.
9. Enjoy up to date UI and stylish themes.
10. Supports android v2 to v8.
How to Move Apps using AppMgr III :
1. Open Google play store and Install the app..
2. Open AppMgr III.
3. It will display 3 catagories of apps such as “Movable”, “On SD Card” and “Phone Only”.
4. Tap on any app from the Movable apps list.
5. You will get options such as move app, open, uninstall, app info and many more.
6. Tap on “move app” option.
7. Then tap on “Proceed to Move”.
8. Finally tap on “Move to SD Card”.
9. It will display “Moving” and after some time you will get a message on your screen as “Application moved to SD Card”.
Check This :- How to Get Paid Apps for Free on Android
2. Files to SD Card
This app is one click solution to move your files from internal memory to SD Card in your phone. You can also move your photos, videos and other files to SD Card. You can free your device internal memory with this application. This application has only one button to move files to SD card and nothing else.
How to Use Files to SD Card :
1. At first down Files to SD Card app from play store.
2. Open the app and select the folder or sub folder or file you want to move to SD Card.
3. Now tap on the SD Card logo to move your folder.
4. Allow access to SD Card if needed.
5. Your files will be moving to SD card.
6. You will get finished message once your files move successfully to SD Card.
Features of Link2SD :
1. Move any app to SD card with force move.
2. Notify when a new app is installed.
3. Show apps that support moving to SD card.
4. Uninstall system apps.
5. Freeze out and in freeze all apps.
6. Convert system apps into user apps.
7. Clear data and cache of apps.
8. Supports 40+ languages globally.
9. Clear all apps cache with one tap.
10. Create shortcut for the apps.
How to Use Link2SD :
1. Open Google play store and Install link2sd app.
2. Open the app and you will see the apps list.
3. Tap on the app you want to move.
4. Scroll down on the next page and tap on “move to sd card.”
5. Again tap on ‘Move to SD Card’ on the application info page.
6. Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
7. Your app will be successfully moved to SD Card.
(To move or link the “Odex” apps you need make two partitions on your SD card and both should be primary. But you can easily move the downloaded apps with link2sd app)
This article is only for educational purpose. We are not responsible for any damage or loss happens to your phone while moving apps to SD Card.
Also Check :- How to root android phone without PC and using King root
Finally guys, I hope you got the complete idea about “How to move apps to SD Card”.
If you have any questions or doubts, you can ask in the comment box below.
Share this article with your family and friends. Subscribe to our push notification service to stay updated with latest tech info.
Thanks for visiting our site.