How to Transfer Data from Internal Memory to SD Card :- Nowadays, low Internal Memory is a very big concern for most of the smartphone users. Many budget android phones come with a low internal memory of 4GB or 8GB which isn’t enough for users. The users of these low storage phones are not able to keep a lot of apps, high end games, hd videos, high quality photos, favorite songs and many other files on their android phones.
But fortunately, this problem has many quick and easy solutions. Most of the android phones provides SD Card slot, in which you can place a memory card as per your requirement. There are many ways to transfer your internal data or files to SD Card. If you want to move your apps and games to SD Card, then just check out the article How to Move Apps to SD card on Android (Complete Guide).
Now the topic is ” How to move your photos, videos, music and documents from phone storage to SD Card”. So let’s explore.
How to Move Internal Storage to SD Card (Move photos, videos, music and files) :
The screenshots below have taken on Samsung android phone which may look a little different from the phone you are using. But the process should be almost similar.
1. First of all open the pre-installed “File Manager” or “My files” app on your android.
3. Now choose the folder or files you want to move to SD Card.
Feel Free to Check out :- How to Get Paid Apps for Free on Android
How to Move Phone Storage to SD Card
Being an android user you will find many file manager apps in the play store by which you can move your files like music, photos and videos to SD Card very easily.
Let’s check out one of the most popular file manager app
ES File Explorer File Manager
This is a full featured file manager app with over 500 million users worldwide. You can transfer apps, photos, music, movies, documents, without using mobile data and cables. Manage your files with cut, copy, paste, rename and compress option. Supports ZIP and REAR by which you can compress and decompress zip and rar files. This app also supports many cloud storage like Dropbox, Google drive, one drive etc.
How to move files from internal memory to sd card using ES File Explorer
1. Open Google Play Store app and search for ES FILE EXPLORER.
2. Install the app and open it.
3. Slide the screens and finally tap on “start now”.
4. Tap on internal storage.
5. Tap on the folder from which you want to move files to SD Card.
6. Now tap and hold on a file. You can select multiple files at once.
7. Tap on “more” option.
8. Tap on “Move to”.
9. Now tap on the back arrow key. See screenshot attached below.
10. Select ext SD Card storage.
11. Scroll down and choose a folder to move your files there.
12. Open your desired folder and tap on “OK”.
13. Allow SD Card access permission if required. (Not required for android version below v5.0)
14. Your files will be moved successfully.
I hope this article will surely help to move your files from internal storage to SD Card very easily. If you have any questions, feel free to write in the comment box below.
Share this article with your family and friends.
Subscribe to our push notification service for more tips tricks and info.